Maintaining a healthy garden today takes time, effort, patience and know how all the while trying not to spend a fortune while doing so to be productive as well. One factor is by the control of pests in the garden. A garden pest is defined in Wikipedia as “generally an insect, plant, or animal that engages in activity that the gardener considers undesirable.”
Gardening has grown more than just a social stature or Pest Control Fleas Rockwood MI 48173 something that has been taken on as just a mere hobby. In today’s economy, many people grow gardens to supplement their food rather than buying it at the local store. By controlling the pests within the garden, we save time and money. Here are a few tips on how to control that unwanted pest that haunts many of the gardens today.
One tip is to choose your plants carefully. Don’t purchase too many Rockwood MI 48173 plants of the same kind that attract the same pest. For example, by planting all corn you are to expect grubs that attack the roots, corn borers which attack the stalk and ears, and crows which attack the ears as well. By choosing this plant you will need chemical as well as outside stimulus to rid yourself of these pests. It take many different measures in gardening than by just buying a Bed Bug Prevention Rockwood MI 48173 plant and sticking it in the ground.
Another way to control pests is to arm yourself any way you can. By choosing the right chemical for the right pest will save you money in the long run and that way you will not be stuck with having chemicals that you don’t need.
Putting up rabbit fencing will not only keep rabbits at bay, but most likely squirrels and skunks who are also bothersome pests.
Another Rockwood MI 48173 way to control pests that can be controlled humanely is done by using mechanical traps. Be warned though, by using mechanical traps means to trap the pest alive and can be just as harmful to you by releasing them back into the wild! They are wild animals and will defend themselves whenever and wherever they can. Trapping a live skunk or a live raccoon is a very dangerous thing. Animals will fight Rockwood MI 48173 back if they feel threatened in any way and I would not want to be on the receiving end of a skunk that feels threatened.
The important thing to understand in using pest control while gardening is using common sense. Do not do anything to your garden that would put a risk at your life. Gardening is a fun thing to do, don’t jeopardize that by doing the wrong thing.
Like humans and animals, pests also prefer the warm indoors compared to the cold outdoors. Many people fail to understand that their warm homes can in fact become the perfect breeding grounds for vermin and once they get inside, they will multiply to create a dangerous habitat in your home. So here are 10 tips that can help control pests during winter.
1. Use Plastic Containers: Always pack Pest Prevention Services Rockwood MI 48173 edible items and other household items in plastic containers or covers. Do not use cardboard or paper bags because these provide a comforting place for insects to hide in. They are also easily penetrable.
2. Dispose Off Garbage: Keep garbage sealed in air tight bags and have them disposed off regularly. Dump the garbage bag in the bin outside your home instead of keeping it in the kitchen.
3. Rockwood MI 48173 Mesh Screens: Cover all openings, including windows, doors, chimney vents etc with fine mesh screens. The will prevent pest infestation while also insuring your home gets the ventilation that it needs.
4. Fix Wall Cracks: Check your home meticulously for any wall cracks or holes that are potential living areas for bugs. Most importantly check the areas surrounding water pipes and other fittings as with time the moisture Pest Buster Rockwood MI 48173 around the pipes cause cracks and attracts all kinds of crawlers. Seal the cracks and mend any openings.
5. Clean Cabinets: Every once a month, clean wooden furniture and cabinets as these are the places that crawlers love to live in. You must pay special attention to kitchen cabinets and bathroom furniture and any corner of the home that is dark and warm. Spray the cupboards with pesticide Rockwood MI 48173 and make sure there’s no spider web or eggs lying around.
6. De-Clutter Your Home: A cluttered home is a bug’s paradise. These creatures simply love cramped furniture and household items which is why the attic is also one of their favorite places. Throw away unneeded boxes, old clothes, furniture and newspapers or books. Keep your home neat, clean and clutter free. If there’s no place for them Rockwood MI 48173 to hide, they wouldn’t be interested in invading your home!
7. Pet Cleanliness: Keep your pet as well as your pet’s abode clean and hygienic. Do not let them litter around and always wash pet food dishes daily. Store all pet food in air tight containers and wash their bed or blanket frequently.
8. Clean Up the Yard: Litter, trash and soil or garden debris are attractive for insects. Rockwood MI 48173 Do not let mulch or weeds get near your home’s foundation and mow the lawn frequently. Keep your garden or backyard clean.
9. Use Pest Repellant: Keep a repellant handy and spray it weekly to prevent pests from entering or residing in your home.
10. Call an Expert: If despite manual efforts you cannot curb this problem at home, then you should seek professional pest control services. Call in Rockwood MI 48173 experts to make your home pest free and a healthy abode.
You don’t have to wait for winter to take up these preventive measures. Perform these throughout the year and hopefully your home would be clear from all kind of insects and bugs.
Surrounding Areas In Michigan
Video: Pest Control Services in Rockwood MI
Pest Masters offers pest control and insect removal solution and maintenance programs in the surrounding areas of Michigan. Call 1-800-934-4770 today for pest control ...
Need help with pest identifications? Pest Masters is your trusted pest control experts in Michigan. Whether you have a problem with ants, rats, mice, cockroaches ...
Find Lawn Maintenance and Mowing Services in Allen Park, MI to help you Mow Grass and Maintain Landscaping. All Allen Park contractors are prescreened.
Heating and Furnace Contractors Directory for Detroit, Michigan. Find Customer-Rated, Prescreened Home Improvement Professionals for Detroit, MI. All Heating and ...
Qualified Tree Replacement Companies. Listed below is contact information for companies identified by DuPont that can replace trees for those who have signed a Claims ...
How To Lose Extra Belly Fat Men - Non Hdl Cholesterol Of 146 How To Lose Extra Belly Fat Men Rockwood Clinic Weight Loss Surgery Center Raw Food For Weight Loss
Summary of Innovative/Alternative Technologies Approved for Use in Massachusetts and Under Review
What is Mobirise? Mobirise is an offline app for Window and Mac to easily create small/medium websites, landing pages, online resumes and portfolios, promo sites for ...
Ford's Partner Recognition X-Plan Vehicle Pricing Program allows eligible X-Plan Partner companies employees and members to save more with employee pricing.
Search Database Search by Last Name Enter Last Name or beginning of Last Name: